Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking in part checks in drawing of reference assembly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng89

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2005
US
I've got a problem I can't figure out.

Let's say I have an assembly and its drawing open - we'll cal it Assem123. That assembly consist of 4 parts - Part1, Part2, Part3, and Part4 which was created as a LH mirror of Part3 within the context of Assem123. Everything is checked out to me in EPDM.

When I go to check in Part4 within SolidWorks, with the EPDM add-in, the pop-up shows me I will be checking in both Part3 and Part4 unless I uncheck them. That's great. But what happens is that the drawing of Assem123 stealthly checks itself in along with the other parts. Not only that, but it seems to get rid of any changes I made to the drawing since my last save. Assem123 assembly remains checked out to me the entire time.

I believe this only happens when checking in parts that have the assembly as a reference within them. Also, I believe it only happens when the assembly drawing is currently open.

I can't find any options to turn this behavior off. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick
SolidWorks 2013 sp3.0
Enterprise PDM 13.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ng89 Open Part 4 and delete references ect to the Assy. Re reference part 4 to its own grid Ie: dim in two or three planes,
to 0,0,0 ref point. Make shure all is black!! save re open assy and re set part 4 as needed

ArtL,

Thanks for the reply. I was using this specific example to explain what was happening. It happens with every part that has the ass'y as a reference though - including top-down driven parts.

I can't break all references else I defeat the purpose of having the references.

Have your EPDM Admin go into EPDM Administration right click on Users in the left task pane then click settings, under the check in option there is a check box to include drawings automatically when checking in the model, unchecking that should fix your issue. Hope that works for you.

Dievant,

Your solution did do the trick for stopping the issue I was having. Thanks.

It did produce undesirable, but expected, results in that I am no long ever able to check in a part's drawing when checking in the part. But that's a minor inconvenience compared to what I had been going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back