Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHECKRAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

amicka

Civil/Environmental
Aug 2, 2005
US
I am trying to use CHECKRAS v1.4 for the first time, but I am having trouble extracting the data from my HEC-RAS report. I am following FEMA's CHECKRAS tutorial and I've deleted and regenerated the HEC-RAS report a few times over. I keep getting an error message when I click the "Extract" button in CHECKRAS that reads "ERROR: getReportData()". I am using HEC-RAS v3.1.3. Is that the problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wish I would have read this sooner. CheckRAS is a touchy program indeed.

The method mentioned on the website that you linked works best for me. If I get that message, I rerun the report with a generic type so that I get the message in CheckRAS that the report is the wrong type and then the program opens HEC-RAS on its own with the correct table types already selected. After running it this way the error normally goes away.

What you may have is a function turned on in HEC-RAS that Checkras is not capable of understanding. It may also be that your tables are not in the correct order (HEC-2 style).

If all else fails, uninstall Checkras, reboot, reinstall, reboot, and start again.

You can send me your HEC-RAS file if you are still having problems, but seeing that the issue started 5 days ago maybe you have it figured out. Either way I'd be happy to help.

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back