Chemical Plant Design 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogtop

Chemical
Jan 18, 2005
US
Hello everyone,

I need to name pieces of equipment for a new process. Does anyone know where I could find guidelines for current practice? All pointers are welcome.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can start with ISO, DIN or ASTM standards for names and symbols of chemical equipment(vessels, pipes,aggitators,..)that will help you making a process flow sheet into which you will add mass and energy flows.
m777182

Thank you very much. Do you have any idea of where in the internet I could see these references for free? Thanks again.

Sorry, I do not have an idea. I am on ISO or DIN and we usually ask for official copies our Bureau for technical standards. We are not allowed to work with illegal copies.
After all it is really not an expence and the service is exellent, perhaps the only thing where a govermental institution works fine.
m777182

dogtop - if you are designing a new process dont you think that with the budget you can afford to pay for a few standards? However a much more relevant question is how you locate this info within the large no. of standards.

Are you thinking off abrevations (e.g. E-1001 for an heat exchanger P-1001 for a pump etc)?

Then i must warn you that most companies have their own standards that allthough quite similar often differs a numebr of places from one another (and any standard).

Check for a very complete selction of international standards. Some may be bought and downloaded so you dont have to wait for the mail - some you must wait for the mail.

Best regards

Morten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back