Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Child view not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runz

Aerospace
Oct 3, 2005
US
If I change a views scale, the associated section or projection views don't change. Are they supposed to? Is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, this is true, but I would venture to guess that a majority of the time you create a front, side and top view, they are the same scale. It would be easier to change those that are not.

Just thought that with the knowledge build into the software, it may be an option.

If you change the scale of the Front View before you create any other views from it, they will carry the same scale, but they are not linked after creation.

Could it better to use the Global scale on the sheet and then only set the scale per view at the views that don't share the sheet scale e.g iso views etc.
By doing like this all views update with a change of global scale. Child views like sections is updated with the parent view.

I don't think it's worth the time and effort. Usually, the global scale dictated at drawing creation is carried on most views. Although I said that it's not mandatory to create all projected views of the same scale, it IS the norm. However, the flexibility of having the option when you need it, in my mind, overrules any possible benefits of having it any other way. (especially when it's so easy to change, already)

Check out CATBlog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back