Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHINA exception to the ASME PRESSURE VESSEL CODE DIV. 1 & DIV. 2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSThill

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2002
US
What are the detail difference in the CHINA PVP Code and exception to the ASME PRESSURE VESSEL CODE DIV. 1 & DIV. 2 and why?

- Vertical Pressure Vessels
- Heat Exchanger
- Sphere Storage Vessels

Leonard Thill
Leonard@thill.biz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Generally speaking, the China Pressure vessel code include GB150 and JB4732(FEA analysis) are copies of ASME code, but they changed a lot, and the reason is that the material property and the fabrication skill is not that good, for safety reasons, a lot of parameters are changed.

But for the details, it has a lot of difference to ASME right now. We had tried a lot to get the detail difference over ASME code, it seems not that easy. as the local engineer is very familiar with China Code, but they almost know nothing of ASME.

English version GB150 and JB4732 codes are available.

Isthill,this is extensive. I have worked with the Chinese Code for the last 7 years. What exactly are you looking for?

"they almost know nothing of ASME." Isthill: are you serious? Please have your wording carefully. I worked in Chinese Engineering Firm for 16 years and have come to a NA engineering firm for the same jobs since three years ago, and I have to use ASME codes for the day-to-day works both in China and NA.

Did you know how many companies holding Boiler and Pressure Vessel Certificates of Authorization for Use of Code Symbol Stamps in China? As I know, it is far above the average within the countries outside the NA.

Hi deanc (Specifier/Regul), samuelliu (Mechanical)

I was in Singapore on 14-16, Project new construction and the Bid Specification required ASME SECTION VIII DIV 2, and GB150 and JB4732(FEA analysis).

I have ASME SECTION VIII DIV 2. But I do not have the additional execpeion: GB150 and JB4732(FEA analysis).

Where can I buy the two GB150 and JB4732(FEA analysis).

Mr. deanc (Specifier/Regul), is FEA analysis a requirement?

Leonard Thill
Leonard@thill.biz

China

Product Regulations Design Code Acceptable Foreign Design Codes
Stationary pressure vessels Order No. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 19, 20 Provisions for the P.R.C on the Supervision and Control of Import and Export Boilers and Pressure Vessels (Reg 8)

The Implementation Regulations of Import Beoiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Quality Licensing System.

Order 23, 25 and 26 GB 150-89 Steel Pressure Vessels.

GB 151-89 Heat Exchangers

GB 12337-90 Spherical Steel Tanks None yet accepted.
Foreign codes like ASME, BS and German etc are only accepted if approved in the agreement or contract
Trans- portable pressure equipment Ordern No. 1, 3, 21 and 27) GB 5099-85 Seamless steel gas cylinders

GB 5100-85 Welded Steel gas cylinders

GB 5842-86 LPG cylinders None yet accepted.
Foreign codes like ASME, BS and German etc are only accepted if approved in the agreement or contract
Boilers Order No. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 19, 20 Provisions for the P.R.C on the Supervision and Control of Import and Export Boilers and Pressure Vessels (Reg 8)

The Implementation Regulations of Import Beoiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Quality Licensing System. Strenght calculations standards for stationary shell boiler pressure parts or components.

GB 9222-88 Strength calculation standards for stationary watertube boiler pressure parts or components

GB 10180-88 Test Code for Industrial Boilers None yet accepted.

TÜV Product Service (Shanghai) Ltd.
16F, West Building; New Hua Lian Mansion; No 775, Huaihai Road
200020 Shanghai, P.R. China
Phone +86 /21-6471-8768
Fax +86 /21-6471-9399
E-mail: akeppner@tuev-sued.de

Leonard S Thill
Leonard@thill.biz

Dear Mr. Thill,

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you, but our
supplier for international standards had a rough time
finding anything.

They were not able to find English translations of Codes,
they did find these in Chinese:

GB 6539 $ 129.00
JB 4708 $ 153.00
JB 4732 $ 276.00
GB 150 $ 207.00
JB 4744 $ 102.00

These are not stock items at our suppliers, so I am sure it
would be at least 4-5 weeks before we could have them in
Houston.

If you are interested, perhaps we could find out more info.

Regards,
Beverly Mathews

Brown Technical Book Shop toll free 800-423-1825
1517 San Jacinto voice phone 713-652-1917
Houston Texas 77002 USA fax 713-652-1930

Check out our Shopping Cart..."Click and Go" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back