Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHOKE FLANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIMA85

Mechanical
Apr 4, 2006
IR
Hi , I want to get information about "choke flange" , which is used in wellhead facilities .
thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A choke is a constant flow device used at the top of a well to control it. Provided the choke is correctly sized (ie flow through the choke is in the critical flow region), regardless of pressure changes downstream, the same flow will come out of the well. So the well is controlled. They come in all sorts of varities: fixed, adjustable, welded, flanged, surface, subsea.....

Manufactuers include:
Anson,
Willis,
Masterflo,
So looking at the websites for these companies should tell you everything you may want to know.

Hi
I have a very very urgent question about application of double block & bleed valves , single block & bleed valves and single block valves ; please inform me about when they are used and why they are used ;our service is crude oil for a metering system project and working classes are 150#,300# and 600# , I also want some valid site name to search more

thanks a lot

SIMA85,

Your latest posting should be started in a new thread. It is separate from a choke flange/flanged choke.

By the way, did the above posters answer your initial question? If they did, it would be nice to let them know they did and perhaps to thank them?

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back