Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cincinnati CL-707 2500 Watt.. New Job...Cut Conditions Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserbob

Mechanical
Jun 19, 2005
US
Hi All,
Back again and running a cincinnati cl-707 2500 watt 5'X10' machine now, after learning on a mazak champ 1500 watt for the last 2 years I am moving on to a cincinnati and would appreciate any cut condition help that anyone has such as mild steel .030 thru .625 - high strength .060 thru .500 and most any material .080 thru .625 any help would be appreciated and I can give some mazak help if anyone needs it.
Thanks in Advance,
Robert
rjknapke@charter.net

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry I can't help you with specific cutting data, but when we had a Cincinnati 1500 watt laser years ago, we contacted the factory tech and he helped us out. The cutting conditions in the books are usually worthless, however the tech gave us some more realistic cutting data to get us going in the right direction. Of course that was 10-13 years ago, I don't know how they are now. In fact, of the four different lasers we have had through the years, the Cincinnati techs provided us with the best help. But as with all lasers in a job shop environment where various types of metals, thickness, contours, and shapes are involved, you have to do some experimenting on a scrap piece and save the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back