Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Circle Esnaps behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clemington

Industrial
Oct 29, 2013
US
I'm having trouble snapping a circle to an endpoint of a line. After upgrading to V1R4 my circle snap behavior has changed where it now shows a little yellow box with 000 and if I try to snap to an endpoint of a line nothing happens. I'm guessing this is something simple in the Esnap settings, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Clemington,

I believe I have a similar issue. Unfortunately I do not have a solution but I do I have a workaround. What I do is place the center of the circle as usual, but when then to define the diameter, I click beyond the snap point. Then I select the circle, grab a square adjustment handle, and drag/snap it to the endpoint I originally wanted. I hope the steps are clear, you probably already do something similar yourself as a workaround.

I know it is a little cumbersome but it works and doesn't take that long. I believe it is an error in Draftsight because in AutoCAD I did not have this problem. Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Medeski

Thanks Medeski, That is a quick and easy workaround. I was right clicking after starting the circle, selecting Esnap overrides, then endpoint. I'd agree this is probably an error in Draftsight and hopefully it will be fixed. Thank you for getting back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back