Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Circled leader text

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSimulacra

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2003
US
Try this again. Got a good answer before but did not fit question.
I want to use leader text and have whatever I type encircled with a balloon. The old 2d autocad did this with a symbol.

To forestall one wrong solution the autodesk balloon only works with the BOM and so is clunky. Great if bom matches what you are point to but if not... also can't copy a bom balloon.

Thanks
Mark

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How varied is your text? Can you post some examples and how it would differ? I can get this to work rather well with a Sketched Symbol but I need some more details to see if it will work with your design intent.

That last looks close. What I'm doing is notating nozzles to a schedule.
Here is an example of what I need to do. I'm being picky as I can do it but have to take several steps to do so (click balloon, pick where, create balloon, edit and override balloon, pick and edit arrowhead) and after all that I can't copy.
Hope you have a better way!!!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4a90dc38-777f-40c0-ae07-ea4feb33cfca&file=EXAMPLEU.JPG
Yea, that's an easy one. Do you want it to be just one letter each time? I can get it so when you place it, a dialog will ask you for what Nozzle Identifier. Also do you want the leader off the balloon to always be the same size or do you prefer a stretchable leader? The latter will still require overriding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back