Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Circular object looking like non-circluar object

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArvindHalashi

Mechanical
Jun 9, 2012
This is about circular hole/object.. I've part which has so many circular objects/hole, but those are looking in octagonal shape.

I've tried making those into Circular hole with the help of View -> Operation -> Regenerate work. but doesn't working.. Can any pls help me on this?

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

"People can take everything from you except luck"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Goto Preferences - Visualization... - Faceting (tab) and change the Tolerance of Shaded view and Advanced Visualization Views from Standard to Fine or Extra Fine. See if it has effect on the model.

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX7.5.4.4 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @2.67GHz)
24.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 + NVIDIA Tesla C2050

Did you changed it to fine or ultra fine? Also at the Advanced Visualization Views?
Then regenerate your view.
Also try pressing CTRL+F, this will fit the model on screen, sometimes solves graphical issues.

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX7.5.4.4 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @2.67GHz)
24.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 + NVIDIA Tesla C2050

I've tried everything, but no luck. Probably, I assume this is graphical issue.. Thanks anyway..

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

Are you working in the context of an Assembly? If so, what is happening is that you are looking a 'lightweight' (i.e. faceted) representation of your Component parts. This is normal and is done so as to provide the best level of display performance as possible when working with large assemblies. However, when you are actually working on an individual part model then you are seeing the exact representations and then the advice given above by MickyV007 would be relevant, but when working in an Assembly you will need to change the display of the Components from 'Lightweight' to 'Exact', which can be done by selecting all the Components, either from the screen or from the Assembly Navigator, pressing MB3 and then selecting the 'Exact' option which will be identified by the use of a 'Diamond' () symbol.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Try RMB - Update Display in the graphics, it should generate finer facets.
The View - operation - regenerate does not render new facet sizes as to what i have seen.

Toost, tried with RMB on graphics display, didn't worked, but John's tricks worked..

John, Thanks for your detailed informed. Yes, whatever you're described absolutely correct. This is working fine...

Thanks all....

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

Hannah4Evr - I've same setting present in NX which you've showing in attachement. Happy News is now I'm able to solve problem, but bad thing is that, I need to do each time when I open this assembly. Do we have any default setting?

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

The Lightweight loading is controlled from your Load Options ( File -options - Assembly load options) , the switch is "Use Lightweight representations".
The load options is a "separate file" and not from the customer defaults. You can scroll down and press "Save as default", when you press, read the queline to see where it got saved and in what name. Plain text file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back