Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Circular Pattern of Assembly Features 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincaveman747

Mechanical
Sep 15, 2003
CA
I have an assembly that I have put a Hole Wizard feature of 6 (1/2" NPT) holes in one side of the assembly. I then tried to use an assembly feature circular pattern to revolve these holes onto the other side. The holes show up in the preview function while creating the pattern, but disappear as you complete the pattern. Am I doing something wrong to make this happen, or is it a glitch in the Software.

Captain Caveman
Almex Industries,Parry Sound ON.Canada\
SW2009,SP 3.0
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650P4 3.0 Ghz
Quadro FX1700,6,142 MB Ram

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mr. Caveman,

The problem you're seeing is due to the fact that the original Hole Wizard feature you created just shows the original component it cut in the Feature scope for components affected by the Hole Feature. When the feature is circular patterned the pattern feature gives no option for additional parts to intersect. To fix the issue modify your Hole Wizard Assembly feature to include any components that you want to cut when patterning the Assembly feature.

The original Hole won't cut the other components but when it's patterned the holes will appear in any components selected in the Feature Scope Group box. These components must be selected manually in the original feature see attached file.

Michael

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f984069a-8378-4091-a427-37d27b4f7e1c&file=swThread_247760.zip
Thanks alot!! Worked like a charm. That one bugged me for a while, so I was avoiding it. Doesn't make sense to have the feature scope in the hole wizard feature.

Captain Caveman
Almex Industries,Parry Sound ON.Canada\
SW2009,SP 3.0
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650P4 3.0 Ghz
Quadro FX1700,6,142 MB Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back