Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Circular pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

harid

Automotive
May 21, 2003
US
Hello friends,
I am new to using ProE, could anyone explain me in detail how to create a circular pattern...?

Thank you.

Harid

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe not in detail, but the key is that the angular reference you need for your pattern MUST be defined as part of the feature definition. You cannot use an existing reference datum.

In UG, I can choose an existing datum axis or even midpoint of a line and revolve the circular array around that point. So much easier.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

The most important thing to keep in mind when creating radial patterns is that your sketch must be free to rotate about the radial reference. If the feature to be patterned is dimensioned to a reference that will not allow radial movement (i.e. a datum plane that does not contain an angle, an axis created via two planes, etc.) then the pattern will fail.
Another technique for creating complex radial patterns is to first create an axis that can be radially patterned and then sketch your protrusion/cut so that it is constrained to the first axis. Then you can create a pattern of the protrusion/cut using the reference pattern function.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back