Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

civil 3D profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngEIT

Civil/Environmental
Jan 4, 2008
US
quick question on civil 3D profiles; i need to trim the existing and the proposed profile lines to the two points (at the beginning and end) where they intersect. but looks like civil 3D has them as 'embedded' objects, which i cannot even break or cut. the only thing i can do is change layer settings. also, any ideas how i can do the profile plot ONLY between those two points?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can't edit the existing profile as it is dynamically linked to the surface and the alignment. The proposed profile is dynamically linked to the alignment, but you can edit it -- you should be able to click on it and edit it, which should bring up the edit profile tools. If your edits are in contravention with the assigned minima then you'll be out of luck. To display just sections of the profiles, create a new Profile View and edit the beginning and end stations.

thanks for the info; yes, i figured that out myself yesterday. a follow up question would be, if i want to create a profile view from the start to end of where my existing and proposed grounds intersect, is there a way to 'inquire' those intersection points in the drawing? right click>inquiry does not seem to work very well with snapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back