Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Classic refining books

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD2K

Chemical
Jan 11, 2002
US
What would your recommendation be for classic refining books to have as a reference?

I have a copy of 'Petroleum Refining, technology and economics' that does a nice beginning job explaining the different refining operations (atm distillation, vacuum distillation, isomerization, alkyation, catalytic reforming, FCCU, hydrocracker, hydrotreaters, etc). Petroleum refining by Nelson has been recommended to me, I'm trying to find a copy.

Others?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HANDBOOK OF PETROLEUM REFINING PROCESSES 2/E
With worldwide petroleum refining capacity expected to continue its expansion well into the 21st Century, here is a timely and thorough revision of the definitive handbook on the licensable technologies for producing environmentally acceptable fuels and petrochemical intermediaries.
A global compendium of refining technologies, this handbook has been prepared by UOP, Chevron, Exxon, Foster Wheeler, MW Kellogg, and Stone and Webster, six major technology licensors. In addition, many of the technologies presented here were co-developed with firms around the world, including such organizations as British Petroleum, Insitut Francais du Petrole, Catalyst Chemical Industries Co., Instituto Mexicano del Petroleo (IMP), and Sinopac International.
And try to look at the

Modern Petroleum Technology - Edited by G. D. Hobson - John Wiley and Sons, two volumes; sponsored by IP (UK 's Institute of Petroleum).

Hi TD2K,
1)For Naphtha Reformer:
Catalytic Naphtha Reforming , edited by Antoinne & Pereira(This one is better than the one by Donald Little)

2) For Hydrogen and associated like shift Reactions : 'Catalyst Handbook' by Martyn Twigg, This book also has ammonia , etc.

3) Distillation Operation and Distillation Design by Kister (these are two books)

4) For hydrotreaters and hydrocrackers : If you can refer to UOP technology manual, if you have UOP plants, they are quite good.
And I feel one recommended by 25362 is good for hydrocracker.

Regards,
SAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back