Climatic Weather Conditions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauner

Mechanical
Sep 16, 2003
US
Hello all,

Does anyone have weather data for temperature and humidity conditions in the Persian Gulf?

Any military standards or handbooks?

Thanks in advanced

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To do what? Since you're posting in a military engineering forum, the most obvious choice is MIL-HDBK-310.

Somewhere, related to NOAA, I think, was a database with weather station data from all over the world.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Thanks IRstuff,

My task is to evaluate heat load on air conditioning unit.

MIL-HDBK-310 is good but I'm not sure I understand what is the normal weather conditions for various months of the year.

Does the 1% value correspond to 3.65 days in the year and the 20% to 73 days in the year?

What two month period is the worst for highest humidity/temperature in the Persian Gulf region?

Thanks again IRstuff,

That information looks good - I did not find any R.H data. But I did find some temperature data at I was a little concerned because some of the locations were missing alot of data.

mauner

IRstuff,

Can you explain how you got the data for Abu Dhabi.

I need to get the same kind of data for Albadan, Iran.

mauner

This is the full up station list. ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/inventories/ISH-HISTORY.TXT
I don't see your particular location on the list, so you'll probably need to find the next closest one.

the station number is entered here:
This allows you select from the pulldown menu

while RH is not explicitly stated, the dew point is, and dew point and temperature can be related back to RH, I think...

Abu Dhabi, being in the Gulf itself, shows pretty high dewpoints, indicative of relatively high RH.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

The parameter was "in the Persian Gulf".

Subsequently, I found a DOD sight that also provides Engineering Weather Data (EWD) free of charge - no account is needed if you have a CAC.

14th Weather Squadron, Strategic Climatic Information Service at:
I was told about this site when I called the phone number listed in Mil-hdbk-310.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back