Clip-spring insertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulloap

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2007
CR
Dear friends,

I’m trying to do very basics, insertion analysis of a ring in to a shaft groove, via prescribed displacement conditions to know the force required, but until the ring reaches the grove the job is aborted by a classic convergence problem, “ Time increment required is less than the minimum specified” … Now I’m stucked because I try different time increments and element types too, with no success convergence, please take a look at the *.cae or the input file, any suggestion will be appreciate.

Best Regards

Pablo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'll try to find some time tomorrow to take a closer look, but in the mean time have you attempted Explicit? It may be better able to solve this problem when you get that error. Give explicit a shot and see what happens. I'll hopefully give yours a go in the morning.

If you are using Standard I think you will need either global or contact stabilization because of the dynamic snap when the ring reaches the groove.

Explicit may be more appropriate as curlyq recommended if you want to capture the dynamic affects of this.

At the edge of the groove it looks like there is a fillet or a chamfer. Increasing the fillet especially will aid in the sliding contact not snagging on the corner.

I hope this helps.

Rob Stupplebeen

I was able to get it to finish by adding the contact stabilization (as rstupplebeen recommended) to the "insertar pin" step but I also changed the interactions to adjust the over closure. With these two changes it ran pretty nicely.

The clip doesn't go all the way to the groove though, I am assuming that this is the way you where you wanted the model to end.

HTH,
Dan

curlyq / rstupplebeen,

Thanks a lots for the time you took to read it, I also think same as you, rigth now I'm trying to run it into Explicit.

I'll keep you informed

Best Regards

Hi DanStro,

Thanks for the sggestions job running, you're right the groove will be reached at 6.5mm not 6.0mm as I put in the prescribed displacement.

I'll try also in the explicit way

Reagards

Pablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back