Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Close part dialog... sure you want to close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanNavarroSanz

Mechanical
Oct 25, 2012
Im working in native, having a windows directory for the reference part that I dont want to modify set up as read only. Despite this, NX insist in modify some parts as soon as I open my studies assemby containing some of this parts. The problem is that when I close my modified assembly with my study parts, NX repeteadly ask me with a dialog "Close part: The following part has been modified xxxx. Are you sure you want to close it" for the read only parts... in this point it doesnt matter if I answer Yes or No, the part wouldnt be saved, but it keeps asking me for xxx times.
Is there a way to answer yes to all o even disallow this dialog? It is very anoying and avoids to save automatically, I makes me to be present and press enter as a monkey as it saves.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First off, what version of NX are you running?

The parts you're opening may have last been saved in an older version of NX which means that when they are opened in a newer version they are automatically updated thus flagging them as 'modified'. Unless you're running a very old version, you should only be asked the question once no matter how many parts have been modified while the Assembly was open.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Do a refile on the parts you want as read-only to your current version of NX. That should eliminate the modified on the part files. Assembly files may still be marked as modified.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back