Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CNC Brake Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicycling

Industrial
Jun 28, 2007
US
Hi,
I posted this question to the machining forum as well, with a few more specifics. We have CNC brakes made by LVD strippit, which comes with a CAD program. However this program does not integrate well with solidworks as far as I can tell (although more work needs to be done pursuing this). I know there are add ins to solidworks for making tool paths etc. for CNC milling machines, but does any one know of any add ins or simple programs that work with solidworks, and generate the brake program right from solidworks? It seems like it would not be too difficult because mostly just the back gauges need to adjust to the edge of the part for the bend lines, I could select the order of bends manually. The other problem though is that strippit's software comes with embedded bend allowances and tonnage per bend so that it is automatic, and I would rather not rewrite all of that.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Xander

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes that is kind of my back up plan is to create a database that solidworks goes into, and the brake updates automatically. The bigger problem is actually running the brake itself as a CNC brake as opposed to (what were doing now) a highly sophisticated mechanical brake (waste of everyones time and money).
Thanks,
Xander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back