Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coating that is slippery to the flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetitus

Industrial
Apr 28, 2016
US
Greetings, I am a newbie with a tough one. Seeking a spray on coating - could be a clear coat but prefer a pigmented paint - that is slippery to the flesh. It is hard to think of uses other than the product I need it for. Tried anti-graffiti paint which was pretty good but short of what I am looking for. Mouse pads and touch pads are interesting but I don't know how that is done or if they are ever sprayed on. Needs to be very durable in that it can withstand regular rubbing (like a mouse pad) and retain its slipperiness for years with only cleaning maintenance. Could be up to 5 mils thick. Any thought or advice is appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi and thanks. It is a carbon fiber composite. I don't know exactly how high a temperature it could bear - I guess it depends on the binder used. Most are cured around 250 degrees I think and some as high as 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back