Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COC vs COP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilPolymers

Materials
Feb 18, 2008
LU
hi, can someone explain me the difference between COP and COP from structure point of view and let em know if there is any difference on their processing compared to each other?

Thanks

Gil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Had a quick look and it seems like the same stuff. Check the CAS number in the MSDS and see if that's the same.

Chris DeArmitt PhD FRSC CChem

Consultant to the plastics industry

Thanks Chris,

In fact I was a bit under stress because I could not find any data on-line nor in my books collection, but in the mean time I found some info.
COC is the same as COP but co-polymerized with blocks of ethylene (as suspected). I also find some differences on transmittance and permeability/barrier properties.
My concern is now processing, does some one had the chance to process both resins?

We have a quite good experience on COC but not that much on COP... all info available is welcome.

Thanks

Yeah but COC is also a copolymer of ethylene and norbornene with more norbornene giving the higher HDT grades. So again, they seem the same.

Chris DeArmitt PhD FRSC CChem

Consultant to the plastics industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back