Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CoCreate and Solid Edge ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

artikakuka

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2010
DE
Hi everyone!

I was thinking to start a new thread because I didn't find an answer for some interesting issues regarding STEP and IGES import in SE ST from CoCreate.

I am working on a project with a company which is using CoCreate and the only possibility to exchange data (what we've found) is iges or step.

My experience is:
1. The assembly is saved in iges from Cocreate, than after importing in SE you don't have the right names of the files. SE is just renaming every part and asm with the same name from iges with additional subasm+number or asm+number. So, this doesn't help when I am searching for a part in the whole asm.
2. If I import the asm from step, than I got the asm without colors.
3. If they save the asm in step for Solid Works, than I have the colors and the names properly but some components are not at the right place.
Unfortunately CoCreate doesn't knows Solid Edge.

So, does somebody knows how to save step/iges properly in CoCreate or how to open it right in SE ST? Is there any special setting what I have to do before import?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Converting between systems is usually a mess.
Try contacting Theorem Solutions - I've used them in the past and they have been really helpfull.
You might also like to contact PTC regarding export options for CoCreate, and Siemens to try and get some idea of how to bring through filenames and/or colours.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back