Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Code 62 1" to 1/2" Hose Fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Meurer

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2018
US
I am looking for a Code 62 1" flange to 1/2" hose end. I would prefer it be a 90 degree fitting if possible. Has anyone ever come across one of these? Thanks in Advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've only run across 'Code XX' in model railroading, so I have no idea what you want.

But your local Swagelok dealer can probably find it.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

If you start with Parker Hannifin, you'll be there all day. Such is the scale of the product base. There are just too many.

There are many types of SAE flanges, what sort do you want?

NPT, JIC, BSP, ORFS, Butt weld, Socket weld...

Identify the size of the flange by the hole centre dimensions first, then see what terminations are available for that flange size.

I mean a sales engineer, not a catalog. Let them play 20 questions.

I do recall spending a few hours of phone tag nailing down the CAGE code for their hydraulic hose division. Best answer from their QA staff - "What's a CAGE code?" This was not helped by our in-house QA group, a certain number of which also did not know what a CAGE code was or what it was for. Everyone finally settled for the number that engineering had put on the engineering drawing in the first place.

Still, it seems an even match for the original question.

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments. I have already spent hours on Parker, Brennan, and Eaton looking through their catalogs.

HPost: The flange side of fitting is 1 inch Code 62 and the other side should be a crimp on hose end for 1/2" hose.

Thanks.

I am currently settling for 90 degree 1" code 62 to 3/4" face seal, then 3/4" face seal to 1/2" hose.

It will see about 6000 psi so I am trying to stay away from JIC. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back