Coefficient of friction Inconel 625 - Inconel 625 at 427 °C 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPPE

Mechanical
Mar 4, 2022
IT
Hello,

We are designing an air-cooled with splitted header boxes and we need to provide sliding plate between splitted boxes.
Due to elevate design temperature (427 °C) and that we have to weld the plates to boxes (which are in Inconel 625, ASME SB-443 Gr. 1 N06625), we cannot provide sliding plates in PTFE.

How can we obtain the coefficient of friction betweeen the two sliding plates in Inconel 625 at 427 °C?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to use a lubricant.
My first choice would be Hex Boron Nitride.
Without it I am concerned with galling.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Recommend to use SS sliding plate, which I have used several times. Conservative friction coeff is 0.01. Sliding plates come in two pieces. One larger piece seal welded to your equipment, one smaller piece seal welded to the support steel, regardless SS or PTFE sliding plates. So you many not be thinking right. You need to buy a pair. Also PTFE is good for high temperature with smaller friction coeff 0.003 or something like that, depending on the operating temperature.
There are many suppliers, google to review their catalog and technical descriptions. One good supplier "Piping Technology" in Houston, Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back