Cold Spray Aluminimum - experiences? Answer to CUI? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsalv

Mechanical
Aug 8, 2002
AU
Hello folks.

International paints are promoting a paint product called CSA (Cold spray Aluminium). There are two products in their range: Intertherm 751CSA and Intertherm 898CSA. The 751 seems to be the more mature of the two.

They're saying that CSA bridges the gap between thermally sprayed aluminimum (which I think is becoming the best practice leader for CUI mitigation) and high temperature resistant under insulation coatings.

I was wondering what experiences folks had with the product?

We recently partially coated an insulated vessel that operates right bang in the CUI temperature range with 751CSA. It'll be some time before we can assess how well it performs.

So just incase there are those with more experience, I thought I'd post up to gather some experiences. Is CSA the panacea International make it out to be?? International state that it's cheaper than TSA and has other preferential benefits like insitu application... we brushed and rollered the 751 onto the vessel after a 2 - 2.5 blast... so it certainly goes on the way paints normally do.

Please share your thoughts and / or experiences with CSA... and TSA if you have some experience with it too.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Life! No one get's out of it alive."
"The trick is to grow up without growing old..."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

gmichie, from what I understand, I think the answer is, "I don't think so". TSA is a coating of metal. You might have more luck with an actual engineering metalizing spray process - like the ones utilised in aviation, but still I think with a flawed substrate, you will have a flawed product.

I presume you've posted in other forums - hope you find an answer to the inherent issues there.

Cheers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Life! No one get's out of it alive."
"The trick is to grow up without growing old..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back