Cold Spun Forming Head as EN 13445-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanwarta

Mechanical
Aug 7, 2014
MY
Dears

I am designing a pressure vessel by EN-13445-3 code with diameter is 3500 mm and material stainless steel 316L, when i am design a head there are two option "Cold Spun" or "without Cold spun", the problem is when design without cold spun the thickness is more thicker but when i am designing use cold spun the thickness more decrease.
I want use Cold Spun forming to decrease the thickness of Head but when I read EN-13445-3 the cold Spun for "Seamless Austenitic Stainless Steel", as you know the pressure vessel with diameter 3500 mm the blank size of head should be welded from three plate.
is it permitted/compliance by code if i design use Cold Spun but the blank size of head will be welded from three plate and radiography 100%?

Thank you
Yanwarta

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could you please explain Your question a bit more, since i can't quite get to what you want to know. It is possible to use other Methods for producing a head, but you have to show that Your design holds to the standard Your building it for.

dear Cardin

i mean is EN-13445-3 permitted to change the Seamless head to welded with 100% Radiography, if the design of head use Cold Spun?

BR
Yanwarta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back