Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color code system for Material identification and segregation

Status
Not open for further replies.

waleedarafah

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2008
SA
Dear Gents,
Help please.
I'm a procurement engineer and i;m requested to prepare this document "color code system for Material identification and segregation". for Oil / Gas piping system. could any one help me to get any guide to prepare it

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you starting from scratch for your facility?

Are you a retail/industrial sales facility that will need to work with outside customers?

What are you using now, and why does your boss want you to change it?

What did YOUR boss say as guidelines, expenses, or priorities?

Why do you think there would be a national or international standard? Home Depot, for example, paints the end of their wood dowels in different colors for different sizes. Lowes uses different colors for their threaded rods and their wood dowels. My local steel supply shop uses different colors for different steels, but doesn't color different rod diameters or bar thickness.

You can use PFI standard ES22 as a starter. If you have only a few materials to segregate, you could develop your own.

What color codes do your suppliers use? Maybe you could coordinate with them, this would make it easier (less costly) when you ask them to color mark materials.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back