Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color section view 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

altnickee

Mechanical
Jun 22, 2005
NL
Hi ,

I have made a section view of a part, and I want to color the face of the section to show the section-cut more clearly.
How to do this?

Toolmaker

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Section View is only a "display" with features that can not be edited. In order to do what you desire, you will have to create a Cut-extrude feature in your assembly. After this, you can select faces and change to colors of the cut components.

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

ctopher/MadMango

Right-click on the surface, change color doesn’t work, so I made a Cut-extrude feature of my assembly. After this I tried to change to colors of the cut components, no problem changing the color of the parts in the assembly, but what I want to do,is to color the face that is left after the section- cut, not the complete part.

Toolmaker

...or select the new Cut feature in the assembly tree and change the color properties for that.

Thank you for the "thanks" ... but my post wasn't a tip. Both Ctopher and MadMango had suggested the correct method to do what you needed. My post was just questioning whether you had tried their suggestion correctly.

[cheers]

CBL, thanks for the chivalry. I remember submitting a enhancement request back in SW01 and SW05 to make the cut-face colors able to change in a Section View. It must be fairly low on priorities. Has nothing changed with SW08?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back