Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color sensing tranducer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooimooi

Electrical
Jun 1, 2001
MY
Hi there,

Would appreciate anyone out who can recommend a low cost
color sensing transducer for checking the wrong color orientation in wire harness asssembly. I know Keyence do have some types (mainly fibre optic type) , but they are quite expensive. Can we use any other sensors?
Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you're looking for is a spectrometer. Look at a company called "Ocean Optics" for an idea of some small versions. It is basically a diffraction grating and a long array of photodiodes, arranged such that each spectrum line falls on a different photodiode. Do some multiplexing of the photodiode array and viola!

Good luck,
stan

Hi Stanstep,
Thank you very much for your help. I was able to get some
technical info on from the manufacturer. Yes I am putting the interfacing stuff and hope to see the stuff kicking well
and fine.
Joy to you.

A null happens when you look at red through a red lense and blue through blue blockers and green ect. When the three different colors are emmited in the right combination of intensities a color will be zip. The info is collected by a a/d and data placed in a file and processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back