Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coloring Faces 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashDummy11

Mechanical
Jun 8, 2009
US
Hey guys. How do I make different faces of a part different colors in UG NX 6? I know SolidEdge calls this feature "Part Painter" but I can not find a way to do it in UG. Any help is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1)Make sure your selection intent is set to 'faces'
2)select faces, click the 'edit object display' icon from your 'Utility' menu or via the pull down menus <edit><object display>. Change colors as desired and hit <apply>.

There's a bunch of different ways to do this...

Regards,
SS

CAD should pay for itself, shouldn't it?

I agree with the post before mine, he is how I do it ...

Edit > object display > select "type filter" > click on face > OK > pick faces you want to change > OK > pick color that you want to change to > OK > OK

I am on NX6

you can also change the translucency of a face within the instructions that I gave you ... you may want to play with that. It will be in the same menu that you pick a new color in, under "shaded display".

Both of the above are good methods. I generally use jerry1423's method; never quite got the hang of selecting objects before operation, though I am starting to utilyze that approach also.

"Good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor." - [small]Robert Hunter[/small]

All of the above is correct if you have for example a uniformly coloured body of which you wish some faces to be highlighted in a distinctive colour.

There are also settings in the system uses to decide how faces of bodies are coloured during Boolean operations to be found under modelling preferences. You may want to address this in your customer defaults as well.

If as a result you get a multi coloured solid that you'd like to make uniform then when changing colours of a solid under the Edit Object Display dialog it is important to tick on Apply to All faces under the settings portion.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back