Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining two Pro/E drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRH

Mechanical
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have two drawings, both single sheets, (dwg_1 & dwg_2), and two models, (model_1 & model_2). Model_2 was created using the merge command with model_1. Now the engineer wants to make a two sheet drawing of dwg_1 where the second sheet is dwg_2. So the end result would be dwg_1 sheet 1 of 2 and dwg_1 sheet 2 of 2. Can this be done? If so how. TIA for your help.

WRH

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

WRH
I am assuming you are using 2001.
In dwg_1, in the "advanced" menu pick there is an option "merge". This will bring up the "open" window to choose from which drawing you want to merge. Just select dwg_2 in your case and you should have two sheets in dwg_1 and the model associated with dwg_2 also associated with dwg_1. Dwg_2 will still exist.

joeborg1

jorborg1,
Thanks for the info. I am using 2001. I guess I should have posted that info. It worked great. Thanks again.
WRH

Hello,
1.OPEN THE FIRST MODEL YOU WANT TO DRAFT.

2. CREATE A NEW DRAWING FILE.

3. GENERATE THE VIEWS.

4. NOW, CREATE A NEW SHEET IN THE SAME FILE AS FOLLOWS :

SHEETS>>ADD THIS WILL CREATE SHEET NO:2 IN THE SAME FILE.

NOW IN THE SHEET :2

VIEWS>>DWG MODELS>>ADD MODEL>>SELECT THE SECOND MODEL FOR WHICH YOU WANT TO DRAFT.

THEN IN THE SAME MENU SET MODEL>>SELECT THE MODELS DISPLAYED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MENU.

THE MODEL YOU SELECT WILL BE THE ACTIVE MODEL AND NOW IF YOU CREATE VIEWS, IT WILL BE FOR THE NEW MODEL THAT YOU'VE SET .

AGAIN GOING BACK TO SHEET 1 BY THE CLICKING THE WINDOW NO DISPLAYED IN THE BOX IN THE TOOL BAR.

THAT'S IT

REGARDS
Balaji
Pricol Technologies

Pricol - Plant 1
Coimbatore - 641 020
India

Mail:ptl@pricoltech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back