Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Command Mangager Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipV

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2003
US
I have a particularly annoying problem with SW I will try to describe concerning Command Manager Tabs.
When I have an assy open I have these tabs: assembly,layout,sketch,evaluate.
When I start a new drawing from one of my saved templates I have these tabs: view layout,annotation,sketch,evaluate.
No problem so far.

If I have my assy open & then open one of my previously saved drawings to either modify or save as, it retains the tabs from the assy. I don't have the view layout or annotation which I need. If I then open a second drawing that I have done the tabs "wake up" and are fine. I immediately close that drawing & my first drawing now has the correct tabs showing.
also if I just keep one drawing open in the background or minimized they will open fine.

Is this a setting or a glitch. My coworker does not ever expierence this.
SW 2007 SP3

Thanks,
Ken

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Definitely sounds like a glitch. If you right click on one of the tabs, when in the affected drawing, are the tabs you want selected? If so, I'd say it's a graphics issue. If not, something got boogered (highly technical term there) up somewhere.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Design Manager/Senior Designer
M9 Defense
My Blog

just double checked & when I right click on any one of the tabs, there are only 4 choices shown, all checked. But they are the tabs from the assy, not the drawing. I also tried a ctl-Q rebuild but that didn't change anything.

I occasionally see the same behavior in SW 2008 SP5.0. I usually have to close then re-open all documents to get the command manager to get back to normal. I’ve never been able to reproduce the problem, as it seems pretty random.

Joe
SW Office 2008 SP5.0
P4 3.0Ghz 3GB
ATI FireGL X1

If you're still on subscription, update to the latest SP. It's possible that some Windows update hosed your install.
When did you first start seeing the problem?

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Design Manager/Senior Designer
M9 Defense
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back