Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Common attributes across multiple layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOPdesigner

Mechanical
Nov 15, 2005
US
I am trying to resolve a problem that should be fairly easy but I can't find the solution. I have AutoCAD Mechanical 2011. I have a drawing template (layout) for the title sheet. I have a different drawing template for continuation sheets that get inserted to a drawing as needed when a new sheet is needed. The title blocks on each sheet are different blocks (both by name and physically different), but some of the attributes within the title blocks are the same (Ex. Drawing Number) and they have the same attribute tag names. It seems to me that as long as the attribute tag name is the same, I ought to be able to edit the attribute value in one sheet (layout) and have it automatically update across all other layouts where thast same attribute exists. Isn't this possible? If so please reply with some tips.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you use Sheet Set Manager then there are attributes you can define in the sheet set that can be used across multiple sheets. You may have to rebuild your title blocks to make sure they are referencing those attributes, rather than an attribute that is just defined locally to that block. When editing the block or typing text you can generally right-click and choose "insert field" to get a list of those attributes available for insert.

#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back