Compact vertical lift system - alternatives to scissor-lift 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velyth

Aerospace
Apr 4, 2022
SE
Hi,

I'm looking to catalog relevant alternatives to my current scissor lift system.

It experiences high stress upon starting its rise, then less and less as it lifts upward.

There's the promising idea of screw jack lifting, I want to lift 1/4t to 1t weight range with a stroke of 40-50mm. But I'd like to hear more ideas of lifting devices which are overall less than 100mm in height, as compact as possible and fit for that tonnage lifting.

I want to make a list of all possibilities and then explore their pros and cons relative to my application.

Looking forward to your recommendations,

Vel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hydraulic jack?

What sort of pressure do you need?

Air bag?

Linear actuator?

All rather vague dimensions and it doesn't seem a big movement

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

You want to lift 500 lb 50mm with a device only 100mm tall? You haven't given us the overall envelope size of the weight to be lifted. Does the travel have to be guided? Are there side forces involved? What is the environment? Does the device have to fit inside the footprint of the load itself? Does it have to hold the load when power is removed? Does it have to stop at any intermediate points? Is precision an issue? Lots of unanswered questions here.

Personally I like the air bag idea. Simple, reliable. It might be inappropriate to your situation. But then we don't know anything about your situation.

Pneumatic bellows and hydraulic jack weren't on my list, thanks for the suggestions.

Actually, forget about the context. All I want is a catalog of the most compact and especially long-life devices for vertical lift.

I'm just asking for ideas of devices. Just anything that comes to your mind that's short and sturdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back