Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compair 5415 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoogDiver

Coastal
Aug 10, 2022
GB
Hi, I am having an issue with the above compressor. When it blows down (every 15 minutes) stage 2 pressure relief valve lifts and the pressure in stage 1 rises to higher than normal running pressure, stage 2 pressure seems to stay within limit. The machine is used to charge diving cylinders and pumps well. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I usually see the inter-stage safety lift when the high pressure suction valve leaks. Also verify the correct operation of the intercooler.if equipped.

Do the separators blow down through a common demister? If so and that is not running freely, then you have a route for air stored in the third and fourth stage separators to find its way back into the second stage through the second stage separator. If that's happening, then the second stage separator won't be draining very efficiently and you want to get on top of it before a big slug of condensate ends up in the third stage cylinder.

A.

Hi I have ordered a service kit for the valves. The common demister seems clear to the dump tank, I also replaced the pipework to ensure it wasnt breaking down anywhere. It is working well other than this problem. How would I check the intercooler? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back