Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Company Search - Breslove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Materials
Oct 5, 2004
CA
I have been asked to look into a company that produced regenerative fly ash collectors. The company was called Breslove Seperators and was located in Pittsburgh.

It appears that this company closed or was purchased by another company. Anyone have any knowledge if their product, or similar, is still on the market but rebadged?

I tried google but had little luck.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

49078: Try this and see if it works.

BRESLOVE
POB 246
Oakmont, PA
United States

Telephone, fax and web
Tel: 412 828 7286
Fax: 412 828 7280

Regards
Dave

Cessna1,

Thanks for the info. I tried that number and found that this particular company closed shop a few years back.

Cheers

Try contacting the chamber of commerce or Economic development agency for the Oakmont, PA area (you may need to start at the state level). They often know if the assets were moved, purchased by another company, or simply renamed. Sometimes they know some of the principals involved in the original company and can steer you to them.
If they only closed about two years ago, your chances are pretty good with this route. Longer than maybe ten years and they get much slimmer.
Griffy

Here is another hit off the web.

Breslove Separator Co., Inc.
550 Butler St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15223
United States

Phone: 412-782-0309
Fax: 412-782-3509

Joe Breslove was my uncle (courtesy uncle really) and was the person who developed the separator in the 1940's along with my father. Mr. Breslove passed away about 10 years ago and the company operated for a couple of years afterward but then was closed by his long time employee, Ray Scalise. Mr. Scalise, I beleive lives in the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina and may or may not be willing to provide information / parts for the Breslove Separators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back