Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Comparaison with AutoPIPE 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

pipesRus (Mechanical

pipesRus (Mechanical) You are correct about ADLPIPE and STAAD Pro. Loads can be exported from ADLPIPE directly into the structural STAAD model. Thank you.

STADD Pro. Pipe Stress Program 2005 has replase ADLPIPE,

pipesRus (Mechanical)

Mr. Ben Parikh, Director of Corporate Sales & Marketing, Research Engineers International, on June 3, 2005, said the new name for ADLPIPE is a pipe stress package is Stadd Pro pipe stress package.

lsthill,
Does it really matter what the name is. ADLPIPE has always been known as ADLPIPE.

I see you have shied away from answering "stressed"'s comment "Lsthill, according the information in your link, this was NOT a court case as you originally claimed and your characterization as such appears to be nothing but a dishonest smear." Why may we ask???

Isthill if Ben did say that then he was wrong. Visit for the full explanation. ADLPIPE will always be name for the solution engine. What you refer to is the name of the non nuclear product STAAD.pipe, the user interface is called ADLPIPE Pro

As an added note to this discussion, Bentley Systems has recently acquired the STAAD product line from netGuru, Inc. Please follow the link to read the whole story. Since Bentley is also the holder of the AutoPIPE product line this will strengthen the interoperability of the two product offerings.
Bentley has a proven track record of acquiring companies with world class technology offerings, incorporating the technology into the Bentley products, providing continued technical support for legacy data created using the previous products and versions, and then retaining the top personnel that helped to make the newly acquired company successful in the first place.
Anyone considering a change in their tools for pipe stress should include a review of how this recent event will effect their long term technology solution.

Is the ADL PIPE also going with Bentley? I know STAAD is a division of netGuru but it didn't say in the press release that all of the products were going. It would make sense if they did. I think the combo of Bentley + STAAD is HUGE. We have been looking for a good CAD + Analysis + Piping Interference/Pipe Load Trasnfer integration other than Frameworks. We have looked at Tekla but it did not handle the pipng and the platform was neither Acad or Microstation. With the forced upgrades from Acad, we are looking towards this solution. if they truly are taking ADL PIPE, I think it will be the first truly integrated structural + Piping + CAD solution all from one company.

The short answer to the question is yes. The press release was not very clear but the agreement is for the purchase of the REI Division of netGuru which consists of the entire STAAD product line and specifically includes ADLPipe. You can see all this at the following website:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back