Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compare two models

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullthot

Automotive
Dec 7, 2011
PL
Hello all,
I need to compare to solids which are saved in two files. I don`t know how can I do it, because if I will put it into assembly I suppoused I can`t do nothing.
The think which is important to me, is to find diffrents between this bodies.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thanks for advice to use Analysis and model compare. Yest this is good but not permanently. When I close the window I need do this analasys one more time. I want to have result for all time. It is possible to make this two parts in one part which will be intersection of them?

I don't see a reason why you couldn't do this manually.
Unite, subtract and intersect might help you out.

NX 7.5.5.4 with Teamcenter 8 on win7 64
Intel Xeon @3.2GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 2000

Why don't you just do a File -> Import -> Part? Take file #2 and import it into file #1.

John Lackowski
NX Support
Win 7 64bit NX 7.5.4.4 TC 8.3.1.1

wackolacko said:
Why don't you just do a File -> Import -> Part? Take file #2 and import it into file #1.
Careful with that. If these are native NX parts, you will end up with both part histories in the same file. That might be what you want, but more likely will just lead to a big mess. If model compare isn't good enough and you want to subtract or intersect the 2 parts, I would suggest using associative copies of the bodies (via promotions or wave links).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back