Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Completely Stumped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b18c5rjdm

Mechanical
Dec 2, 2005
US
I've created a part, saved it, and checked it into PDM... My supervisor checked it out and it has warnings.. It's a sketch that looses it's placement face, and the holes that goes with it. It is perfect on my machine. And we have identical machines! We are e-mailing the file to a CSWP to see if it fails on his machine. I don't understand this at all.. I've went through all the options and matched mine to his. Still doesn't work.. any suggestions/help?!?

Thanks in advance..

Go Honda!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That is very odd. The obvious question is did you Ctrl+q the part on your machine? Maybe the problem is there, but isn't showing up without a forced rebuild.

Also try using the "Copy Settings" wizard to copy your machine SW settings to the other computer. Is this a sheet metal feature?

SW07 SP2.0

Flores

It's not the machines, it's the part. Is it actually a part, or is it an assembly? It almost sounds like you each have a different versions of the same named part on your hard drives. It works fine on yours, but it's not recognizing your supervisors. If it is strictly a part...hmmm...[banghead]

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
CAD Administrator
SW '07 SP1.0, Dell M90, Intel 2 Duo Core, 2GB RAM, nVidia 2500M

Hello,

Please try the following in your machine ...

Tools > Options > Performance > turn ON Verification on Rebuild (near the top) .. select OK

Then Press CTRL-Q (for a forced regen)

Do you now see the problem in your machine?

Do you have the same service pack as your supervisor?

cheers,

Joseph

Don’t keep the Verification on rebuild turned on permanently though. It will cause your machine to run slower.

What you need to do is use the Ctrl-Q more often when building your models. The problem is it probably already had all those error in it, but you didn't see them. The rebuild light just rebuilds the last feature. The Ctrl-Q is a force rebuild and rebuilds the entire model or assembly. When you open a file up it does a full rebuild and if there are any errors it will show up then. That’s why it’s so important for you to use Ctrl-Q when building a model.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

I've tried all that, it is just a part, and it's used in about 10 massivae assemblies, all are fine on my machine, we still haven't gotten a response from our CSWP, I'm lost. it's not a very complex part either. It's a tool that slides up and down on a tower, that holes something, the main assembly that we are trying to get working has about 12 configs to it, a transfer and lifting trolley. it (the tower) slides to different positions and the tower has many vertical position configs.. all attached with an energy chain, and we all know how fun they can be..

Go Honda!

CTRL+Q showed problems. For both Sketch8 and also Sketch10 of the M6 Clearance Hole1, I picked the face that had the bottom gusset, and everything works now.

SW07 SP2.0

Flores

Oops, clarification, "For both Sketch8 and also Sketch10 of the M6 Clearance Hole1, I picked the face of Vertical Mount that had the bottom gusset, and everything works now.

SW07 SP2.0

Flores

I never check anything in to PDM with errors at all, so now that the part has been loaded into several machines, what is the problem with my machine? The errors that you guys listed are the same ones on the other machine here...

Go Honda!

What happens on your machine when you try to right-click on one of those sketches and choose "edit sketch plane"? What plane is being used on your machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back