Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compliance Tooling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCrashh

Mechanical
Jun 3, 2014
US
What would be the best way to solve a compliance issue where a toothed rod must be placed within a toothed hole. The only requirements I need are slight lateral and longitudinal freedom (no more than 5 degrees in either direction) as well as rotational resistance. I am also limited to nothing larger than a 1x1x4 inch mechanism to accomplish this feet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK.

Let me answer this this way.

I just told my shop foremen what you wrote.

After 15 minutes of unprintable cussing, he told me to go to hell, and wanted to know what the ever-lovin' he was going to tell his lathe operator to do. He then asked me which operator was actually supposed to do the job, and what tool he was supposed to use, and how he (the foreman!) was supposed to know if it was good enough.'

Then the NDE foreman walked in bitching about some last job order about a toothed rod ....

Then the company contract administrator walked in and wanted to know what warrantee SHE was supposed to offer for a "rod job" that SHe was going to stuff up some salesman's .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back