Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

component engineering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeremSencan

Electrical
Sep 18, 2003
TR
Hi friends,

I need a help abuot electrnic components.I am a pruchasing engineer ,i want to know where i find electronic component technical book or courses .

normally electronic companies does not give away technical book just like that. In my experience, they'll give out technical data on certain item specified by the enquirer.

You don't say what country you are in or what kind of "technical" information you are hoping to find, but I would suggest that you contact local distributors of electrical/electronic components in your area. These often have detailed catalogues with all sorts of useful data like application notes and selection data.

Dear Intan and Brian,

Thank you for your help.explanition I live in istanbul-Turkey.

KEREM SENCAN

Depends on the component and the manufacturer. Most manufacturers have datasheets as well as application notes on-line, so one can usually go to the manufacturers website and find out about the part in question.

TTFN

hi keremsencan,

There are some new books available that you can purchase, in the range of $50 - $100 (USD).

However, may I suggest a book that I have and have used for years, titled “Electronic Components Handbook” a hardcover textbook, author: Thomas Jones, published in 1977. Obviously it’s a bit old, but has excellent information on all components, both passive and active. A quick search yielded a used one for about $12 USD (shipped from USA). Here is the link to it:

Hope info helps,

jim s.

There are lots of books on MOS and IC technology and theory, circuit engineering theory, amplifier theory, and so on. Look on Amazon.com, Bookpool.com, and other online bookstores. Also, search the web for introductory courses (lots of universities have the presentations/handouts on the web), etc.

Intel publishes the Intel Technology Journal; that has some interesting articles in it from time to time. Also the Intel R&D site at has some links to interesting technology information. Many other suppliers have application notes and often very useful technical articles/white papers on their websites...sometimes they contain agendas, so make sure you confirm or identify such assertions by suppliers.

We also have a set of links to some general resources for component information, some of which addresses component technologies of one sort or another, at .

Mike

--
Mike Kirschner
Design Chain Associates, LLC

thanks Mike and Jim,
Jim,I cant buy anything from abay cause i locate in Turkey ,book is not shipped turkey.
I am looking for this book in bookstore

Kerem Sencan

For component Engineering, ask your sales rep. for information. They will either give you the link to the online datasheet/book or give you volumes of paper. Your choice!

Just ask and ye shall get inundated with information!!

Hi Kerem,
There is no one complete source to get components datasheet. There are some websites you could reach most of them, but they are charging membership fees.
is free.
We are in electronic component business for years. I could help for your specific request.

Recommend that you go to the manufacture's web site for information on the item you are interested in. The best way to locate the manufacture's web site is to

Electronic components, get Newark Electronics catalog, or go to Find part you want and go to manufacture's web site.
Newark's catalog is the best, but their prices are high.

Mechanical parts, get McMaster-Carr catalog if you can. Otherwise go to their web site,
Motors and similiar, get Grainger catalog, or go to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back