composite impeller supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

louismouza

Aerospace
Jun 16, 2011
GB
Hi

I'm looking for composite impeller suppliers (application: engine cooling/ seawater). Could you provide any suppliers name in UK/ worldwide. Any help is much appreciated

thanks in advance

Louis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank guys,
Hi hydromech,
At the moment any composite material will work as long as it works.
Do you design impeller with Fortron?
How good it is?
What range of duty point can it handle?
I am looking for a suitable replacement for metal impeller like iron, stainless steel
Can you direct me to some supplier?

Hey...

Yes we design the impellers and then supply models to a prototype injection moulding company. Protomold.

The duty range is -40 to +120 degrees C.

We have single or double shrouded impellers and the plastic impellers serve as direct replacements for steel or cast iron impellers in water pumps for engines running with 50/50 water glycol.

Hydromech

Pumpsonly is correct...

This is not the way to go for a single replacement impeller.

The tooling for such impellers is approx £12,000 and piece price is about £15.

For a single replacement, you would be better to have it machined from solid material.

louismouza,
a brief tech. spec might be in order instead of asking so many open-ended questions.

There are some bright and helpful people in this forum - but they aren't mind-readers

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

The speeds for engine applications are limited by the drive belts.

Plastic impellers are good for the typical engine speed ranges, gasoline or diesel.

The delta pressure across pumps are only up to about 3 BAR and the impellers manage that with no issues. Above 3 BAR, the engine components designers get a little nervous...radiator matrices tend to rupture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back