Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Concrete aggregate testing for ASR potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianyu

Structural
Mar 26, 2013
US
Which of the following tests requires using cementitious materials that are proposed for a specific project? Thanks.
ASTM C1260
ASTM C1567
ASTM C1293

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

probably not this one:
ASTM C1206 - 02 Standard Test Method for Plutonium by Iron (II)/Chromium (VI) Amperometric Titration

@HotRod10 Say Type I cement is specified in the mix, for either test, do you require using cement from same brand/source as that used on the job, or any cement conforming to C150 Type I will do?

I don't know what the Materials guys require for the their testing. I just know what is in our general notes. What I posted above is pretty much the extent of it.

C1260 or C1567; however, keep in mind that these tests use a relatively high cement content which makes the mortar bars very strong. There are many ASR issues that can be masked by the strong mortar bars. An example is surface pop-outs. This potential might not show in the tests.

Thanks for the reply. But I am looking for specifics about the tests, i.e., whether cementitious materials used in the tests should be the same source/brand as those to be used for the construction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back