Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concrete damage in concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolas R.

Structural
Aug 22, 2016
AU
2. Hi everyone,
First that nothing I am new in Abaqus, I appreciate any help that you can get me.
I am trying to see the inelastic behavior of the concrete in my actual model, this consist in one bi-supported beam (plain concrete), I defined the properties elastics (Modulus of the concrete and Poisson ratio’s) and Damage plasticity defining the elastics parameters (Y =15; e=σbo/σco= Kc = Viscosity parameter =0) and the curves of the behavior compression and tension only.

I am considering in the step module two types of analysis (Static General and Static Riks) to consider the loss of stiffness of the section. (I don’t sure if is correctly this consideration)
I can see the not linear behavior of the beam whit two different sections (circular and T) but I can not see the drop in the T section, why? I´m know that it has so much inner so I am decreasing the modulus of elasticity of the material of 21,46 GPa – 10 GPa – 5 GPa and 1GPa (whit not varying the model of damage) and I get this graphic. I can not see the drop of the concrete behavior and I don’t understand why if in the circular section model I can (See the graphic)

T section beam, Circular section beam (see the graphic)

If anyone can get me some tips about it I’m really appreciate. Thanks.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b612497f-6379-451c-8927-4db0cd65d3d1&file=2.png
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back