Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concrete sinker block . 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunmrao

Materials
Oct 1, 2000
IN
This is my first posting in this forum . I am a Metallurgist and I have a RFQ for a concrete sinker block with bellmouth and lifting attachments.

A concrete block is to be cast with weight measuring upto 20700kgs ( pl see a image of the arrangement).

My concern is about the concrete density 3tons/cu.m . Literature states that density of mortar is 2.400tons/cu.m

Is there anyway we can achieve this requirement of 3tons/cu.m?

The only other requirement is load test 1.5X the calculated weight.

Thanks in anticipation.
25B9254B-D29A-4346-9065-7574423761DC_1_201_a_il2rsx.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks SlideRule Era for the link. I was considering using steel scrap to increase the density. However, I was concerned if this would be considered as a composite mixture and land me into problems.

In the past we have cast heavy cast iron weights for offshore structures, lifting cranes etc. But I have no experience in making mortar blocks.

Thanks once again. I shall come back requesting for tips to cast sinker block without any cracks and achieving the weight.

Thanks, hokie. The customer insists on 3t/m3. I have offered my quote accepting the technical conditions. I shall come back for more assistance if my bid is accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back