Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Concrete tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

geodou

Civil/Environmental
Sep 11, 2008
GR
Does anyone know a good complete tutorial for a concrete building? From start (foundation, columns, beams, slabs etc).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tnx...I ve seen these watch and leran series...I needed something more specific...A complete example from start to end...Tnx anyway...

geodou, concrete building foundations, slabs, and columns are often designed separately from the 3D model.. also, lateral systems can be designed separately from the gravity system. It all depends on your approach, and there are many, many ways to approach the design of a building structure. As you may already know, SAP analyzes foundations and slabs but SAP does not design foundations or slabs (SAFE product designs foundations and slabs), and SAP does not design concrete shear walls automatically either.. so depending on whether you want to design by hand or use other programs there are too many options for a "complete" concrete building tutorial in my opinion. Better to show you how to use the tools, then you take it from there. You might check out the design manuals in the manuals subdirectory which installs with your SAP software as the design manuals are quite useful.

If you have any specific questions, post them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back