Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONDENSATE PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellinas

Industrial
Dec 25, 2008
GR
Hello ,
I have a big problem at the analyzers of the refineries with the condensate of the sampling system. I tried some pots or some water traps but nothing. Is there any practical way to solve the problem?
THank you in advance.

REMEMBER IS NOT GREECE IS HELLAS

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Obtain the dew point for the vapor samples from the process simulation at the process pressure and at the reduced pressures to the sample conditioning system and to the analyzer. Consider heated regulators suchas the GO HPR-2 series and heated transport tubing and RTD in the bundle near the SCS and the heat trace controller set above the dew point. Consider the A+ Corporation Genie membrane separator filters to drop out the entrained liquids. Look at the Genie models 101 and 123 at
Try to return the condensate to the process with an eductor unless you can flash light ends into the flare header or use a liquid collection system for heavier liquids.

Thank you a lot. It is a heated transport tubing from the chimney (67meters long) and just 50 cm without heated cover. I have a water trap from abb but believe me every two days i have to press air backward to the line. I will try one of the filter from the site you recommended.
<<<<Thank you again JLSeagull>>>>

REMEMBER IT IS NOT GREECE IS HELLAS

If that is an emissions monitoring system on a heater stack I bet that the analyzer manufacturer can recommend a suitable model for a similar filter. The pressure would be very low and something else may be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back