Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration manager alphabetizing configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanate

Mechanical
Mar 18, 2010
US
So I've been searching for a little for a way to change this option, but have had no luck. Either it's buried somewhere in some hidden menu, or it's a registry tweak, or it just doesn't exist. When I create a new configuration within a part, SolidWorks is automatically alphabetizing the configurations. Is there a way to keep this from happening, or do I just have to work around it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's what I was afraid of. My only problem with that is SolidWorks registers the configuration at whatever number it was created, not where it sits in the list. For example, (aside from Default) if I make a configuration called F and then a configuration called B, F is considered configuration 1 by the program and B is considered configuration 2, even though it will show B on top of F in the configuration tree. My irritation with this is that then in a macro, if I try and get the configuration names using GetConfigurationNames they're gathered in the order they were created, not the order they're displayed in the tree. Now, in order to reference these names in the correct order I have to alpha sort these within the macro or convince everyone in the company to use a numerical prefix like -1, -2, -3 and so on. It would be much easier if I could just turn off the option within the tree or the system settings or something. I guess life's not easy though, haha. Oh well, sorry for the rant.

Thanks for the response though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back