Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configuration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanny123

Structural
Apr 24, 2010
GB
Just wondering if it's possible in a assembly to use two other assemblies the same and be able to change the configuration without it changing the other one. Wot I'm trying to do is not make another one simular, I have use the Gantt key and drag it in and saved as a copy. If anyone can help it would rely help me out.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Like having a hammer and screwdriver in the same assembly, showing just the hammer in one configuration and showing just the screwdriver in the other? Yes.

Thanks for your reply, I'm trying to change a dimension not suppress apart that's why it keeps changing the other one the same or should I do it same way you have explained.

Are you trying to change a dimension in the assembly or a part the assembly. If in the assembly, check this configuration only. If it is a part then you must create two configurations in the part with different dimensions.

Stanny,

When in edit part mode or using open in new window for part, you can right click the dim you want a new size for and use configure dimension to modify it. When doing so you can add a new configuration and new value, just be sure thatch dialong button is not set to modify all configs which I believe is the default. Let us know how this works out or you. [yoda]

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back