Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Abaqus to Run Fortran Subroutines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vxxxxx

Mechanical
Jun 5, 2020
MY
Hi, I am trying to configure abaqus to run Fortran subroutines, but failed.

Here are the errors after I run abaqus verification:

Abaqus/Standard with user subroutines

...ERROR

Abaqus did not complete successfully.

Please see std_user.log for details.

Continuing...

error_b2zrmx.png

Software I used:
Abaqus 2019
Visual Studio 2013
Parallel studio xe 2018

I got the same error when I use VS2013+PSXE2013.
And I even failed to download PSXE2018 if it was to link to VS2017.

Here is the code I used in abq2019 bat file.

@call"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat"X64
@call"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2018.3.210\windows\mkl\bin"intel64
@echo off
setlocal
set ABA_COMMAND=%~nx0
set ABA_COMMAND_FULL=%~f0
"C:\SIMULIA\CAE\2019\win_b64\code\bin\ABQLauncher.exe" %*
endlocal

It would be great if someone could shed some light. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Run your test models with the additional verbose=2 option for more detailed error messages.

Abaqus is extremely picky about the versions of VC and FORTRAN. For Abaqus 2019 you will need Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 and
Intel Visual Fortran 16.0 Update 1.

However, you haven't even made it to that problem yet. Abaqus says it cannot find "ifort" in its path which means that, at least, your second line to setup the FORTRAN environment is not working correctly.

This is a good reference to get it setup: Fortran for Abaqus installation and configuration guide

Hi, I tried with VS2015 + IPSXE2016 and it worked! Thank you so much @oldNail.

Hello all,

I am trying to link the new tool from intel to ABAQUS to be able to run subroutine. However, it seems the new toolkits from intel (intel OneApi HBC)is not compatible with abaqus. I do not have access to intel parallel studio, my license has expired. Is there other options or ways to link FORTRAN to abaqus? Please let me know.

Thanks
Matt

A list of prerequisites (including compilers necessary for subroutines) for each version of Abaqus is available on Dassault Systemes Program Directories website. For example in the case of the newest release (Abaqus 2021) you should use Intel Fortran 19.0.5 and Visual Studio.

For this version of Abaqus you should use Visual Studio 2012 Update 5 and Intel Visual Fortran 16.0 Update 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back