Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

configuring for analog output

Status
Not open for further replies.

controls2012

Electrical
Sep 10, 2008
US
with a compact logic (L35E) what do i need to do to program for a analog 4-20 output. looks like based on three photo eye's on an accumulation table I will need to speed up or slow down the upstream conveyor feeding this table. any ideas on how and what instructions to use for this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well there's not a whole lot of information here, but I will take a stab with the info provided. I assume that you have an accumulation table where product is .... well accumulating. I also would assume that your three photo eyes are positioned in a manner that indicates increasing backup of your product. Given discrete feedback you probably need to handle this in a discrete manner on the output side also. So when the first eye detects product maybe drop your output down to 80%, second eye 50%. Where the actual outputs need to be would have to be determined by watching the system. I would think the last photo eye would indicate a need to stop the upstream conveyors or of not could have an additional % out. You also might be able to ramp the output down after the photo eye is made for certain amount of time.

Not sure if any of this helps. Just trying to picture the system you might have and throwing some ideas out.

Russell White, P.E.
Automation Technologies, Inc.

Automation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back